Thursday, June 30, 2011

Short and Sweet

Sorry, guys, I have nothing too lengthy today. I wanted to say that I really appreciate the comments I've been getting, and I hope I don't disappoint you guys!

Today is the birthday of a friend, and fellow local musician, Amanda P. aka If Humans Could Fly. She's a lone musician, who plays 90s and 00s rock covers, along with her own unique brand of original music. In our town, it's hard to get booked, if you're not playing the same imbecilic modern country songs everyone's heard a billion times, or if you're not playing incoherently screamed "metal" while dancing around like a jackass. To play music you personally think is good and actually get booked to play it is no small feat - and one If Humans Could Fly has most certainly accomplished.

Amanda is, by all accounts, very ambitious, and true to her own sense of aesthetics. If there were more people like her(*coughandmecough*), perhaps the scene in this city would be different.

Here's my favorite song of hers, dig that kick as intro:



Happy b-day, Amanda! And check out the rest of her music on her youtube channel! (same channel as the above video)

8 comments:

  1. Sounds good i'll check her out, have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot, happy belated birthday Amanda <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, genuine talent. Nice one man, and happy birthday to Amanda too I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her music, I've been subscribed to her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post, I like your blog!
    +Follow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huh...y'know, the moment I saw "music journalism" I was gonna write this off as yet another music on youtube blog (COUGHCOUGHIHAVEONETOOCOUGHCOUGH), BUT...

    Butbutbut, living in an "artist's town" like Bellingham, I've grown accustomed to making a snap judgement about a musician and their style.

    Duuuuude, this is good! Because of the solidity of the artist you've shown to me, I feel more than happy in following you and I expect more of these quality posts from ya~!

    Hmmmm...if anything, check out my blogs as well, perchance? I'd like to think that on my music blog I also post up stuff that people don't normally hear about, certainly stuff that doesn't normally get radio play.

    Not that I'm above playin' stuff that's ON the radio too...

    ReplyDelete